Although body oils sound incredibly luxurious (and sometimes intimidating), they are actually an incredibly rich and nourishing skincare product that doesn't have to be a once-in-a-while experience. Body oils are simple enough to use in your everyday skin and body care routines to moisturize and condition the skin while still feeling like you're giving your skin a special treat.
Luxurious-feeling products like body oils can feel and perform to their highest quality and potential without the hefty price tag. At Urban Serenité, we know that high-quality, organic skin and body care products don't have to be expensive and out of reach. That's why we take special care to ensure that each of our products is handcrafted (with love and integrity) in small batches from premium, organic, sustainably sourced ingredients that get right to the point—so you can too.
Today, our product spotlight is our Calendula + Chamomile Infused Body Serum that is every bit as beautiful as it sounds. To learn more about its superstar ingredients, benefits, and how to use it in your self-care routines, keep on reading.
One vital part of the serum is calendula (pronounced kuh-len-juh-luh), the edible orange and yellow perennial flower that is believed to bloom only on the first of the month. Its leaves, petals, and seeds have been used around the world for thousands of years, thanks to its many benefits.
We love calendula in this calming body serum. The flower is naturally anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants, meaning that it can help treat redness, inflammation, acne breakouts, and premature aging. Its healing, youth-preserving properties also make it a beautiful ingredient for increasing blood flow and oxygen and keeping skin smooth and supple.
Odds are, you've heard of chamomile before or even steeped some in your nighttime tea, but did you know that chamomile is amazing for the skin, too?
Chamomile is a soothing herb that is known for calming the skin, as well as supplying it with moisture and antioxidant protection. Like calendula, chamomile is also great for soothing and reducing redness, blemishes, and signs of premature aging.
Chamomile is anti-inflammatory, protecting the skin from long and short-term inflammation such as too much UV exposure, redness, and inflammatory acne. Its calming, anti-inflammatory properties also make it the perfect ingredient for those with sensitive, rosacea-prone skin.
Chamomile is also high in antioxidants that can help defend the skin from free radical damage, promote skin regeneration, and slow signs of premature aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
How to Use
- Moisturizing Body Oil. You can use the Calendula + Chamomile Infused Body Serum after showering or bathing. Simply add a few drops into the palm of your hands and massage over the body.
- Massage. The oil-based serum is also the perfect natural oil to give the skin slip for body or facial massage.
- Gentle Facial Oil. Yes, this oil is gentle enough to be used on the face! It's perfect for those days when you want an extra bit of glow or those nights when your skin needs some more nourishment.
- Bath Soak. Add 1/2 an ounce of oil to warm bath water for a moisturizing soak that conditions skin and smells incredible.
- Glow Booster. Before heading off to work, dinner, or other events, you can add a few drops of our Calendula + Chamomile Infused Body Serum to your legs, arms, and décolleté to give your skin a radiant, healthy glow.